Membership renewals tonight?

CCCSA membership information & discussion.
Geoff

Membership renewals tonight?

Postby Geoff » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:26 pm

I'm not sure who looks after renewals now, but can I do ours tonight? Do we need new forms for renewal (I think we did last year)?

MWP

Re: Membership renewals tonight?

Postby MWP » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:40 pm

No problem. Ill have it all there.

Yup, new forms every year.
Mark.
Daily: Toyota RAV4 ACA22R
Project: Celica GT4 ST185, Celica RA28 (1UZ-FE powered)
Previous: Camry VZV21R, Starlet GT Turbo, Corona RT104
Treasurer of the SA Classic Celica Club.

najje

Postby najje » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:57 am

Further to this, I have renewed my membership 3 times and never received a keyring or membership card etc?

It would be nice if a pack was posted out to all new members or when renewed so that we can also promote the club/forum to others.

Cheers,

Rob

damian

Postby damian » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:10 pm

don't take this the wrong way :D but if you keep quiet we don't know.
to my knowledge, you are the only person this has happened to??

the committee are volunteers who do this for the love of Celicas and the club, we are not machines or a highly paid organisation.
in other words, we are human, and unless people point things out, we are not to know.

You should have received a keyring when you joined the very first time, you do not get one each time you renew. If you didn't, I don't know why?

If you came to a meeting and asked, you would have it.
If you asked when renewing for someone to post it to you or bring it to the track day / next event / next cruise, you would have it.

like a lot of things in life - don't ask = don't get ;)

I love your idea on posting out a "pack" of some sort (no idea what would be in it - ideas people?) to new and renewing members - AGM is next month, please feel free to come along and grab your card and keyring, have a say in how the club is run haha, and maybe even put your hand up for the committee (membership officer is currently vacant). :D

out of interest, at the meeting last night, cards (Celica club cards to put under windscreens and hand to interested people) were handed out to those who wanted them - something to go in a "pack"?

the above goes for everyone - sit back and say nothing and we don't know.
get involved in running YOUR club.
come to meetings and have a say.
jump on the forums and have a say.

this club is run for YOU

:D
Street RA-23
Track TA-23

JTMILLER

Postby JTMILLER » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:24 pm

The altezza club sends out a pack upon joining, it contains a shirt, license plate covers, some invite cards, and if in NZ a rear quarter window sticker, but then again their joining fee is $60 but it's a lifetime one (no cams fees and a free forum so pretty cheap to run :P)
Premature acceleration can lead to catastrophic outcomes.

damian

Postby damian » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:54 pm

southern districts you get a card for 65 bucks a year and cams affiliation. that's it.
walkerville all cars club you get a card for 60 bucks a year and cams affiliation. that's it.

I love the keyring I got when I joined this club
even bought a second one! ($15 from memory for anyone interested)

t shirt sounds cool, but couldn't be done for the 35 we charge.

stickers.. yeah I like that idea, it was raised at a meeting ages ago, but it never went any further
key ring is for first time members, so why not a sticker for renewing members?

I think I know a good stika guy ;)

so, a half a dozen of the cards, a sticker, and of course, a membership card? ;)
I like it!
like Rob said, it helps promote the club :)

something worth discussing at the agm next month
thread will go up soon, along with an email or sms, advising date and location, and ask for ideas for the clubs future

now, we just need a membership officer...
Street RA-23
Track TA-23

JTMILLER

Postby JTMILLER » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:16 am

Yeah definitely things like stickers and cards are relatively cheap to acquire and certainly help give a club feel with the handing out of invite cards etc. Not as useful here as most people know each other but as they're international every time a new financial joins a post gets put up to welcome them and introduce them to the others etc, also little things like financial members having a different forum name colour than a registered user gives some people jollies.

Will try attend the AGM, always good to see how organised you guys are by comparison :D
Premature acceleration can lead to catastrophic outcomes.

HKS7MGT

Postby HKS7MGT » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:30 pm

me likes this discussion.

also, najje, i have your t-shirt that you purchase ages ago, please come to the next meeting so i can give it to you.

najje

Postby najje » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:39 pm

LOL opened up a can of worms didn't I! Love your honesty Damo :P

I know I am completely at fault for not attending meetings hence I haven't really been able to express my opinions!! I definitely didn't want my comment to come across rude or like a complaint, just assumed there was a better process for handling memberships.

Perhaps an opportunity exists for the club to recognise new members and manage renewals a little better, i.e manage a calendar so that moderators can send out membership renewals, or setup recurring billing/payments etc therefore all members will stay members unless you opt out??

Cheers for the Tee's Frank I will try my best to attend the next meeting :)

damian

Postby damian » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:48 pm

ha lol yes indeed mate ;) (can of worms)

some good ideas there too
Street RA-23
Track TA-23

Return to “Club & Membership Information”