[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5282: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5282: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
2TG 89mm Head Gasket - Classic Celica Club of South Australia Forum

2TG 89mm Head Gasket

After a specific part or car? Ask in here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
1972_flatlight
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

2TG 89mm Head Gasket

Postby 1972_flatlight » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:31 pm

Hi.. Wondering if anyone knows where to source a 89mm 2TG Head Gasket from Locally..? Im asking a few possible suppliers on Ebay, however, they take 10 to 15 days to make plus freight time..
Would appreciate advice of where to start looking in Australia - cheers..

le guru

Re: 2TG 89mm Head Gasket

Postby le guru » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:07 am

If you find one Ill be interested as well....need a spare. :D
Ken
TA 22 Tarmac Rally Celica
VE 6ltr Sportswagon

1972_flatlight

Postby 1972_flatlight » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:14 pm

Havent been able to find one, though, still have a few numbers to call and will post if one of them come to fruition.

After speaking to my brother it was alot easier to find a Cometic standard 3TC gasket. Will use an old 2TG gasket as a template for making the "extension" to seal out the oil.

1972_flatlight

Postby 1972_flatlight » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:00 pm

Ive been able to find an 89mm Cometic Composite 2TG gasket from Fabre -- http://fabre.com.au/

They are about $170 plus $16.50 postage..

As im in no rush ill post if i find another supplier.. Cheers..

1972_flatlight

Postby 1972_flatlight » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:02 pm

Oh and ask for Cameron -- as he was about to send me a 2TC gasket -- it was only after the third time repeating myself to make sure it was a 2TG that he realised his error -- he now aware there is a difference..

le guru

Postby le guru » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:30 pm

Thanks mate....I will follow it up.
Ken
VE 6ltr Sportswagon

1972_flatlight

Postby 1972_flatlight » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:57 pm

Hi Ken.. If youre not in too much of a rush im getting prices for the normal 3TC delivered to Australia and make up the timing cover gasket - using the old as a template.. Price is $75US plus freight.. i can get over a few and on sell one to yourself ie.. pay a part of the total freight cost from the US .. its up too you..
Let me know though if youre interested..?

le guru

Postby le guru » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:48 am

I would really like to get a full 2TG gasket again as I had one failure with a 3TC. I just need to find the place in the US I bought an original metal 2TG one from before.....I have the name & address somewhere. They are not cheap (around $300) from memory but good quality & never had a problem with it. Given the workout my engine gets at track days, hillclimbs etc, I figured it was good insurance. :D :D
Ken
VE 6ltr Sportswagon

Return to “Wanted”