[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5282: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5282: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
Car modifications in SA - Whats legal? - Classic Celica Club of South Australia Forum

Car modifications in SA - Whats legal?

Write ups and tutorials for maintenance and modifications.
(Threads will be moved here by moderators)
MWP

Car modifications in SA - Whats legal?

Postby MWP » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:03 am

Mark.
Daily: Toyota RAV4 ACA22R
Project: ,
Previous: Camry VZV21R, , Corona RT104
Treasurer of the .

damian
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Car modifications in SA - Whats legal?

Postby damian » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:16 am

good work Mark - some interesting stuff in there

EDIT - also a good read here
http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/pdfs/saf ... hicles.pdf
Street RA-23
Track TA-23

HKS7MGT
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby HKS7MGT » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:47 am

thats an excellent read!

Tandanusman

Postby Tandanusman » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:46 pm

Very intresting read, clears a few things up, if they are true. Thanks Mark.
Daily :- Toyota Celica RA28 '77 18R (soon to be daily :P)
Project :- Toyota Celica RA23 '76 18R-G

MWP

Postby MWP » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:30 pm

Yup, that info is correct, it came from a very good source ;)
Mark.
Treasurer of the .

hamza

Postby hamza » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:44 pm

Project~ 18RGD22

Daily~ '90 Golf Mk2 GTI

MWP

Postby MWP » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:20 am

I doubt, with both front and rear at that height, no part of your car is lower than 100mm.

But, anyway, no its not legal.
You cant ride on the bumpstops.
Mark.
Treasurer of the .

damian

Postby damian » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:45 am

Street RA-23
Track TA-23

HKS7MGT

Postby HKS7MGT » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:37 pm

from memory the minimum length for a TA22 between the guard and the centre of the wheel is
- 350mm at the front and
- 335 at the rear

supersleeka

Postby supersleeka » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:44 pm

good read for the new guys to have a guide but for some of us with "road" experience will tell ya the cops will what they want in the end even if your is compliant. i had a 1971 datsun 1600 defected for weber carbies, half roll cage, recaro seats and harnesses, i also had the car engineered but the cops still sent it to regency, regency passed it first go. its funny in 1971 there was no emissions to deal with (webers they said went against emissions) the half cage was mounted in the correct position and there was no back seat or belts in the back, the recaro seats met adrs that exceeded the 1971 rules and the harnesses also exceeded the 1971 "sash" belts that were factory fitted. its funny the cops never pulled out rulers or got on their knees to look at clearances under the car they just picked it and defected it.
2010 toyota hilux single cab
ra28 celica
1994 harley davidson softail springer

damian

Postby damian » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:57 pm

the cops don't have to prove a defect, they just have to have a reasonable suspicion.
Street RA-23
Track TA-23

supersleeka

Postby supersleeka » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:39 pm

yeah thats the problem ay, they are quick to say "thats no legal and thats no good" then they diclaimer themsleves by saying "im not a mechanic" over the years ive learnt how to behave and touch wood i havent been pulled over for anything apart from a booze bus for years.....
ra28 celica

damian

Postby damian » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:42 pm

the secret is to play nice - do the old yes sir no sir three bags full sir routine

"is this your car?'
"yes sir"

"have you been drinking?"
"no sir"

"do you have any drugs on you?"
"three bags full sir"
Street RA-23
Track TA-23

supersleeka

Postby supersleeka » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:55 pm

hahahahaha last bit funny as!

i think age comes into it aswell, years ago when i was on my p's (33 now) i got picked on quite a bit, one of the last times i went thru a booze bus i had a 1982 rx7 with back seat folded down and my lads booster seat up front with him riding shotgun and we got pulled into booze bus and the cops clearly seen my lad and never said a word technically he was sposed to be in the back and some might say the car he was in wasnt what ya would call a family car but yeah cops rolled with it.
ra28 celica

MarcusEstevez

Postby MarcusEstevez » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:20 am

Yeah people say P platers get picked on by police, But I only ever go pulled over once on my P's for a rego check, that was in my ST165, I got my P2's on tuesday but I don't think it'll be any different... 4 demerit points though =P yay!
Current project: RA40 Celica Coupe GT replica - 18RGTE Powered
-
Some people say 'How can you live without knowing?' I do not know what they mean, I always live without knowing, that is easy... How you get to know is what I wanna know. You know?

Return to “HOWTO's / FAQ's”