[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5282: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5282: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
CCCSA is a member of Marque Sports Car Assn (Supersprints) - Classic Celica Club of South Australia Forum

CCCSA is a member of Marque Sports Car Assn (Supersprints)

Discuss non-CCCSA run events in here.
Geoff
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

CCCSA is a member of Marque Sports Car Assn (Supersprints)

Postby Geoff » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:51 pm

I've just been looking at the MSCA website - - and reading the supp regs for their supersprint event. This sounds quite good - anyone had any involvement.

The events are only open to MCSA members, who are actually members of the associated car clubs. Have we ever discussed joining MCSA as a club?

damian
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Marque Sports Car Assn Supersprints

Postby damian » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:26 am

I think it would be a good idea, I've thought about the same thing.

vanquish on here has done one or two ;)
but then he had to be a member of one of the associated clubs too of course.

what say we (I?) approach them to find out what's required to become affiliated with them.

there's you, me, and Brendan who I would say are keen, how many more out there would be?

half the track day crew if I think about it...

let's guage interest?
what do our members think?

edit - post the links to sup regs, etc?
Street RA-23
Track TA-23

Colby

Postby Colby » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:26 am

I'd definitely be keen!!

entry_form.pdf
(156.86 KiB) Downloaded 212 times

supp_regs.pdf
(186.97 KiB) Downloaded 224 times

Geoff

Postby Geoff » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:39 am

Both Martin & I would be interested - $75 seems quite cheap for a day at Malalla. They have a lot more cars on track than we do at the track day, so obviously can do it cheaper.

Fordy

Postby Fordy » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:46 am

Assosiation would be cool cause then you can enter their other events like the regularities and such too which i've always thought would be fun. I'd be keen.
Daily/Race Car #1: 1992 Civic
Race Car #2: R31 Knocky Skyrice
Project #1: 1975 TA22 Celica
Wrecking : 1995 Subaru Liberty
For Sale : 1986 ST162 Celica

vanquish

Postby vanquish » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:47 am

Shit yea I'm in! Definitely the way to go, 4 lap sessions are long enough to have a decent run and not so hard on your car. Plus you get timed on your laps so you can see how you are going

I had to become a member of the alpha club (shhh) to run in their sprints
Rides
RA23 Celica
VE Senator
GGN15R Hilux

Colby

Postby Colby » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:22 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot about this thread :P I can flick them an email and get back to us about it!

Geoff

Postby Geoff » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:01 pm

Hi Colby,

We are definitely (still) interested. I think you have to buy a Dorian - some sort of timing transponder - after your first event, at a cost of $420. Nit sure if one of these can be shared, or if each driver needs their own, so maybe ask about that as well.

Geoff

Fordy

Postby Fordy » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:26 pm

Each car will need their own dorian. If you're swapping drivers it shouldn't matter.

Geoff

Postby Geoff » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:54 pm

Fordy - on their web site it says:

6..Double entered cars, previous lap times will be used with both drivers being allocated a Group and Grid number allowing time for car number and Dorian change over.

Which sort of indicates that each driver has their own dorian.

Fordy

Postby Fordy » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:58 am

Ah well there you go, didn't read the stuff :P They're easy enough to clip in and out as long as you haven't put them in a hard to get spot

Colby

Postby Colby » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:56 am

At least once you've bought your transponder thats it and you can use it anywhere, so its a worthwhile investment

Geoff

Postby Geoff » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:40 am

Just wanted to bring this subject back to the top. Martin & I are still very keen to get involved in Supersprints next year.

I have contacted MCSA, and received the following reply from Murray Stephenson:

• Generally a club can join MSCA if their representative vehicle is included in the CAMS Eligible Vehicles list. There is one Celica, ZZT (2000 on), in the list. Regardless, the MSCA can admit a club whose goals are in line with MSCA;
• We do not permit open wheelers at super sprints;
• The Classic Celica Club can join the MSCA by applying to MSCA and paying the annual affiliation fee of $50. Each of your members also must join MSCA for $20 per year and their MSCA membership is dependent on their CCCSA membership. The MSCA membership year is January to December;
• Have your committee write to the MSCA requesting membership and the MSCA committee will consider and, on approval, will invoice CCCSA for the affiliation fee. Please include a copy of your constitution with the application letter. Send to PO Box 338, Daw Park SA 5041. A membership application form is available from the website (http://www.mscasa.com) for individuals; and
• When competing you will require a Dorian for each driver as the system recognizes the Dorian number.

We don’t have a scheduled committee/delegates meeting until February but we can discuss by email once you make the application if required. The first super sprint next year is 23 March.

If the other people who showed interest (Damien, Colby, Fordy, Vanquish) are still keen, can the committee follow up with the MCSA to arrange club membership? Cost (as above) is $50 for the club, and then $20 per person (only the people who want to be in MCSA). Obviously each person would pay their own $20, and if needed I'd be happy to contribute to the $50 club fee.

JTMILLER

Postby JTMILLER » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:58 am

I'm entering this series next year with a mate in his Alfa, I'd be happy to pay the $50 club fee and $20 for myself as $70 to join is cheaper than the $100+ I would need to pay to join the Alfa club!

Also if we do run as a club and do separate club categories and trophies etc like many other MCSA clubs do I would be happy to help out with organisation etc.
Premature acceleration can lead to catastrophic outcomes.

damian

Postby damian » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:14 pm

all sounds good guys.

so silly question, what if your vehicle is NOT on the "CAMS Eligible Vehicles list"? (wherever this magical list is)
Can you still race?
Street RA-23
Track TA-23

Return to “Other Events”