Just wanted to bring this subject back to the top. Martin & I are still very keen to get involved in Supersprints next year.
I have contacted MCSA, and received the following reply from Murray Stephenson:
• Generally a club can join MSCA if their representative vehicle is included in the CAMS Eligible Vehicles list. There is one Celica, ZZT (2000 on), in the list. Regardless, the MSCA can admit a club whose goals are in line with MSCA;
• We do not permit open wheelers at super sprints;
• The Classic Celica Club can join the MSCA by applying to MSCA and paying the annual affiliation fee of $50. Each of your members also must join MSCA for $20 per year and their MSCA membership is dependent on their CCCSA membership. The MSCA membership year is January to December;
• Have your committee write to the MSCA requesting membership and the MSCA committee will consider and, on approval, will invoice CCCSA for the affiliation fee. Please include a copy of your constitution with the application letter. Send to PO Box 338, Daw Park SA 5041. A membership application form is available from the website (http://www.mscasa.com
) for individuals; and
• When competing you will require a Dorian for each driver as the system recognizes the Dorian number.
We don’t have a scheduled committee/delegates meeting until February but we can discuss by email once you make the application if required. The first super sprint next year is 23 March.
If the other people who showed interest (Damien, Colby, Fordy, Vanquish) are still keen, can the committee follow up with the MCSA to arrange club membership? Cost (as above) is $50 for the club, and then $20 per person (only the people who want to be in MCSA). Obviously each person would pay their own $20, and if needed I'd be happy to contribute to the $50 club fee.