[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5282: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5282: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
Motorkhana - Come & Try/Practice Day 18th May 2014 - Classic Celica Club of South Australia Forum

Motorkhana - Come & Try/Practice Day 18th May 2014

Discuss non-CCCSA run events in here.
th13lz
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Motorkhana - Come & Try/Practice Day 18th May 2014

Postby th13lz » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:50 pm

Hi all.
I'm interested in this event.

Motorkhana - Come & Try/Practice Day
Sun, 18 May, 00:00 – Mon, 19 May, 00:00
Where: Big W Monarto

But that's all the info there. So I have heaps of questions, like;

Is there an actual website I can look at for more info?

What are the major parts to scrutineering? Im assuming oil leaks, water leaks, frayed/worn seatbelts,etc.

Do I need a Helmet??? and what kind? I have a RJays motorcycle helmet, Its brand new, even has the sticker on the visor still, also has a sticker on the back that reads:
CERTIFIED PRODUCT
Australian Standard
AS/NZS 1698
Issued by
SAI Global
DO NOT REMOVE
Also says it was made in Dec 2009 according to the tag sown into the helmets padded liner.
I can add a picture of it after it anyone wants to see it.

What clothing would I have to wear? I assume its just the long sleeve shirt, long pants and enclosed shoes.

How would I go about applying for the event? Is it a pay on the day event?

What sort of Registration & Insurance would I need to participate?

If in the event something happens to the car, whether it is minor or major, what is there in the way of pits and workshops?

Sorry for all the questions, apart from the tailem bend rally school and a few club cruises I have never done any motor sport before but looking at starting on a good foot.
MA61 Supra 7mgte (awaiting funds to continue)
RA60 Celica (drift car)
76 Ford Cortina (full restoration)
My current YouTube channel:

Geoff
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Motorkhana - Come & Try/Practice Day 18th May 2014

Postby Geoff » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:02 pm

I don't have all the info, but will answer what I can:

Is there an actual website I can look at for more info? - Normally an event is run by a car club, and the supp regs for the event are available from the club's website. The come&try seems to be run by Cams, and I can't find the supp regs. They probably aren't out yet - wait until closer to the event.

What are the major parts to scrutineering? Im assuming oil leaks, water leaks, frayed/worn seatbelts,etc. - pretty much - just making sure your car is safe, so everything you mentioned, plus battery security, bonnet fastening, no loose itemes in car, seat is ok etc.

Do I need a Helmet??? - no, unless you have an open cockpit. Motorkhana is one of the few events where helmets are optional. They are recommended, but not compulsory. You need a shirt, pants (shorts are ok) and closed shoes.

and what kind? I have a RJays motorcycle helmet, Its brand new, even has the sticker on the visor still, also has a sticker on the back that reads:
CERTIFIED PRODUCT
Australian Standard
AS/NZS 1698
Issued by
SAI Global
DO NOT REMOVE
Also says it was made in Dec 2009 according to the tag sown into the helmets padded liner.
I can add a picture of it after it anyone wants to see it. - this will be fine for other events that require a helmet - ie track days, hillclimb etc

What clothing would I have to wear? I assume its just the long sleeve shirt, long pants and enclosed shoes. - as above, just shorts, shirt & closed shoes for MK

How would I go about applying for the event? Is it a pay on the day event? - historically it has been "pay on the day", but I believe this year they wanted people to pre-enter (which is a bit hard with no supp regs).

What sort of Registration & Insurance would I need to participate? - As far as I know, no rego is required (unless you are driving to / from Monarto), and certainly no insurance

If in the event something happens to the car, whether it is minor or major, what is there in the way of pits and workshops? There is plenty of undercover area at the event to fix your car, and the workshop can be as good or bad as you make it - ie bring your own tools & spares

Motorkhana is pretty much the entry level for Cams motorsport, so it's all pretty relaxed. If you have problems other drivers will usually help with tools / parts etc if they can. It is fairly easy on the cars - the runs are short & there isn't anything solid to run into.

You will need a Cams licence - you can either get a day licence at the event, or a full year licence. If you want to do some speed events - ie the annual CCCSA track day, hillclimbs, oz-gymkhana etc - get a Level 2 Speed (L2S) licence. If you will only do Motorkhanas get a Level 2 Non-speed (L2NS). Don't forget to take your club membership card with you as well.

Some info on Motorkhana is available from:

and

MWP

Postby MWP » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:05 pm

Mark.
Daily: Toyota RAV4 ACA22R
Project: ,
Previous: Camry VZV21R, , Corona RT104
Treasurer of the .

th13lz

Postby th13lz » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:06 pm

Awsome, Thanks for the info. Will have a good look into it.
RA60 Celica (drift car)

damian

Postby damian » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:30 pm

that entry form is for the feb event.

I'll see if I can find out more...

check out the other motorkhana threads in this section for more info/vids/pics
Street RA-23
Track TA-23

th13lz

Postby th13lz » Mon May 05, 2014 11:09 pm

Has the entry forms become available for this event yet??? My laptop died so I'm trying to view this on my phone.
RA60 Celica (drift car)

damian

Postby damian » Mon May 05, 2014 11:15 pm

I still haven't seen anything

could always ring cams and ask to speak to the sa office.
they'll help.

guessing it'll be the usual rock up on the day, altho they do like pre entries.
Street RA-23
Track TA-23

Geoff

Postby Geoff » Mon May 05, 2014 11:15 pm

In before Damo:) (Edit Bugga - you posted while I was typing)

damian

Postby damian » Mon May 05, 2014 11:17 pm

nice find Geoff
Street RA-23
Track TA-23

Geoff

Postby Geoff » Mon May 05, 2014 11:22 pm

Looks like there is supp regs somewhere too - have a look on facebook at South Australia Motorkhana

th13lz

Postby th13lz » Wed May 14, 2014 10:33 pm

Got my speed license. Will I have to have a print out of the reciept as proof? Have also faxed in my entry forms for this. Getting keen :)
RA60 Celica (drift car)

Geoff

Postby Geoff » Wed May 14, 2014 10:41 pm

Did you get the licence directly through Cams, or through someone in the club? From what I remember there was a tear-off temp licence on the sheet, which you used until they sent you the real one. I might be thinking of something else though - it was a few years ago.

I wouldn't turn up at the MK without something showing you have a licence, as they probably won't let you enter (or will make you buy a day licence). If you don't have a temp one I'd ring the local Cams office tomorrow & ask them what to do. The local office number is 8361 4800, and there is also a licence hotline - 1300 883 959.

Hope you get it sorted, and have a great day.

th13lz

Postby th13lz » Wed May 14, 2014 10:50 pm

I paid for it through the cams website. I've got the print off reciept saying that I've payed for it.
RA60 Celica (drift car)

Geoff

Postby Geoff » Wed May 14, 2014 10:57 pm

I'm honestly not sure. When I got mine I filled out a form, got it signed by a club rep (Damo?), paid him the money, and kept the tear-off temporary licence. A few weeks later my real licence arrived in the mail. In the meantime I used the tear-off licence to enter an event.

The form I filled out was and the temp licence is at the bottom of page 4. Did you fill out one of these forms? If not I'm not sure how you managed to pay. I'll stick with my previous advice and say call Cams tomorrow & try & sort it out, rather than having problems on Sunday.

Damo might know a bit more.

th13lz

Postby th13lz » Wed May 14, 2014 11:31 pm

It was similar but you filled it out with the computer. I accessed it through my cams dashboard. It had underneith apply for a license or something.
RA60 Celica (drift car)

Return to “Other Events”