[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5282: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5282: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
2014 Supersprints - Classic Celica Club of South Australia Forum

2014 Supersprints

Discuss non-CCCSA run events in here.
Geoff
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

2014 Supersprints

Postby Geoff » Sun May 18, 2014 11:24 pm

Thought I'd start a new topic for supersprint event dates / supp regs etc.

Round 2 is on Sunday 15th June. Supp regs have been released - . Entry fee is $75, and entries close on Friday 6th June. If you are entering you also need to print a scrutineering form & post with your entry form -

MWP

Re: 2014 Supersprints

Postby MWP » Mon May 19, 2014 12:15 am

Stickied.
Will definitely look at doing these when my car is done.
Mark.
Daily: Toyota RAV4 ACA22R
Project: ,
Previous: Camry VZV21R, , Corona RT104
Treasurer of the .

Geoff
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Geoff » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:24 am

Bit of a report from round 2 last Sunday. 3 CCCSA members entered - JT, Martin & Geoff. Practice session for new drivers (JT & Geoff) was wet, so times were very slow. I did manage to see a purple Supra doing helicopters in my mirror ;)

The first 2 sessions were also wet, and the track very slippery. Anyone who wants to see how not to get around turn 1 in the wet, check out the following video from around 1:34.

Session 3 saw us on a drying track, with a fair bit of grip. Times were much improved - Martin did a 1:23.4, Geoff a 1:28.1, & JT a 1:30.7. I was pretty happy, given that I'd never driven the car on a circuit & really only got 3 flying laps on a (sort-of) dry track all day - the first lap of each session is from a standing start, and in lap 5 I caught up to some back-markers & had to back off.

Session 4 was also dry, but our clutch master cylinder gave up on Martin's first lap, so I didn't get to run this session at all. I didn't see Justin's times for this session - hope you improved a bit.

They were running early, so they ran an untimed fifth session (which we also didn't do), so plenty of track time for a very reasonable $75.

JTMILLER

Postby JTMILLER » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:31 pm

Was a really fun event. It was a lot drier in session 3 and I spent the whole session hounding a GT40, that was an absolute blast, finally got past him on the last lap so didn't set a great one that session but have a run against a GT40 was way more fun than getting a good laptime! Session 4 I managed a new PB down at 1:37.356, so was happy with that, in the last session didn't bother loading up the old GPS timer, just went out for a blast, sadly by that stage all but one car had let me go in front so didn't get any fun overtaking :P

Great time and I'll definitely be at the next round, won't make round 4 as I'll be in Sydney for WTAC.

How did you guys go getting the car back? I didn't see it hiding on the Mallala main street so figured it was tucked away somewhere or you had gotten it going again somehow.
Premature acceleration can lead to catastrophic outcomes.

Geoff

Postby Geoff » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:51 pm

We were going to leave it parked in town (Mallala) - thought it would be safer than outside the track. By the time we got there Martin was going ok, so decided to drive it back to civilisation. Stopped at the BP on Main North Rd, just north of Smithfield & before all the traffic lights, and hired a trailer there. I don't think he came to a stop once - helped that I could check the few intersections & wave him through:)

Made it a lot easier to return the trailer. Haven't pulled anything out yet but pretty sure it's the master cylinder - no leaks at the slave just not getting full pressure / travel. If you hold the brake on & the clutch to the floor it just slips, let the brake off the car moves forward. Once it was moving he could change gears ok, so we sat on the speed limit all the way. Bummer is it was the last event we planned to drive to & from - not renewing the rego now & buying a trailer.

Geoff

Postby Geoff » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:13 pm

Supersprint round 3 is on Sunday 20th July at Mallala. Supp regs are available at , and an entry form is at . Entries close on the 11th of July.

If anyone wants info on these events just ask.

Geoff

Postby Geoff » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:01 am

Supersprint round 3 was on yesterday. Martin & myself were there on a cold but dry day.

Once again we had a great time - I managed to drop my best time to 1:26.49 (1.6 secs faster than round 2), and Martin did a 1:22.72 (.7 faster).

Next event is the 24th August.

JTMILLER

Postby JTMILLER » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:13 am

Great work knocking away at those PBs, was hoping to come out to this one and chase that 1:21 but alas too much wrong with the car and it was cold :P

Hopefully it's all fixed up by August :)

Geoff

Postby Geoff » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:40 am

JT - are you here for the August round?

JTMILLER

Postby JTMILLER » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:23 pm

Yeah will be here for the next round hopefully entered if not will be up there probably taking pictures :) won't be here for round 5 as I'll be over at world time attack.

Geoff

Postby Geoff » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:09 pm

Supersprint round 4 is on Sunday the 24th of August. Supp regs are available from , and entry form from

Still looking for volunteer officials if anyone is available.

Geoff

Postby Geoff » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:14 am

Round 4 was run on Sunday. We had 1 driver (Martin) & 3 flaggies. Big thanks to Rob for coming, hope to see you driving at the next round. They had issues with the radio batteries, and lost comms between the tower & flag points. As a result the format was changed after lunch to allow only 5 cars on the track at a time, with larger gaps between cars & no overtaking allowed. They still managed to get 4 rounds completed.

Round 5 is on Sunday October 19th - this is the last supersprint for the year so if you want to try it, get your car ready. I'll post a link to the supp regs when they are released.

HKS7MGT

Postby HKS7MGT » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:33 am

Car will be registered by this point, very interesting!

Geoff

Postby Geoff » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:03 am

Just a reminder that Supersprint round 5 is on in a few weeks - Sunday October 19th at Malalla. Supp regs with an entry form included are available from - sorry - too large to upload here.

This is the last Supersprint round for this year.

Geoff

Postby Geoff » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:16 pm

Can this thread be unpinned now - it relates to the 2014 series.

Return to “Other Events”