[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5282: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5282: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
2016 MSCASA 6 hour relay 1st May - Classic Celica Club of South Australia Forum

2016 MSCASA 6 hour relay 1st May

Discuss non-CCCSA run events in here.
Geoff
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

2016 MSCASA 6 hour relay 1st May

Postby Geoff » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:52 pm

The supp regs fo =r the MSCASA 6 hour relay event have been released.

2016 6Hr Relay.pdf
(310.24 KiB) Downloaded 72 times

Full details are in the supp regs, but this is a team relay event for minimum 4 & maximum 6 driver teams, held at Malalla. The event is run as a regularity event, where the aim is to do as many laps as possible at a nominated lap time. We entered this last year, and it was a great event.

Dorian timers are required, but can be hired for this event from MSCASA.

If anyone wants more info ask here or send a pm.

HKS7MGT
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: 2016 MSCASA 6 hour relay 1st May

Postby HKS7MGT » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:02 am

is this event run with a team using one car with multiple drivers or with multiple drivers using their own cars?

Geoff

Postby Geoff » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:26 am

Multiple cars, but drivers can share. Details are in supp regs, but I think it's 3 cars minimum, 6 max.

HKS7MGT

Postby HKS7MGT » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:37 am

Do you guys need an extra car/Driver? i'm getting keen on the idea but its only three weeks away. i suppose the more cars you have, the less laps each car and driver will need to perform, unless you're sharing cars. I've always been interested in this event and after reading the sup-regs, it seems safer than i originally thought it was.

As the car is registered, it'll be minimal work to get the car ready for scrutiny (fire extinguisher, tether the bonnet, new tyres).

Will you be at tomorrow's club meeting to further discuss?

HKS7MGT

Postby HKS7MGT » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:55 am

as a registered car, i wont need to tether the bonnet as the standard fittment is okay.

After reading, http://docs.cams.com.au/Manual/GeneralR ... 2016-1.pdf the only big item to change is to capture the crankcase vent to a 2000cc container.

Geoff

Postby Geoff » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:46 pm

I should be there tomorrow & will talk to you about it. Not 100% sure that we are doing it yet, waiting on a few other things to fall into place.

HKS7MGT

Postby HKS7MGT » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:36 am

I'm in... lets party

HKS7MGT

Postby HKS7MGT » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:16 pm

can i just tape over my headlights like this dude?

or will i need to completed contact over them? I'm a bit worried about the 100w highbeams melting the contact and cleaning the contact glue afterwards.

what have you guys seen done out there past years?

Geoff

Postby Geoff » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:21 pm

Not sure - we've only used cars with plastic lights. I have some clear contact - you could tape them as above & have the contact in your car - replace if they don't like it.

HKS7MGT

Postby HKS7MGT » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:20 pm

Thanks Geoff, if you could bring that, it might come handy.

I'm thinking about all the little things now as we really only have this weekend so sort it out. do you have the same concerns as they dude did regarding the long queues for scrutineering? I'll image it'll be fine as they do this each year with no issues

Geoff

Postby Geoff » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:03 pm

I'll leave it in my car. Scrutineering will take as long as it takes, so no point pondering on it. I don't remember it being too bad last year.

Geoff

Postby Geoff » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:10 pm

Entry list for Sunday is up -

HKS7MGT

Postby HKS7MGT » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:16 pm

sweet - i can't put into words my excitement. been wreching on the car on the weekend where i've had time

Geoff

Postby Geoff » Mon May 09, 2016 7:58 am

Results have finally been released for the 6 hour -

Good news is that we didn't come last :thumbsup: 23rd of 28 teams. It was incredibly hard to maintain consistent lap times - every lap meant overtaking at last 5 other cars, sometimes up to 10. While this affected lap times it was great fun.

HKS7MGT

Postby HKS7MGT » Mon May 09, 2016 9:48 am

Thanks for sharing Geoff. Wow, we actually didn't come last - fantastic and i'm sure it was much credit to Martin and your bonus laps. I actually did a lot of laps now that i look at the results. sweet!

Was great fun but i need another 100Hp or need to cut about 10secs off my time so i'm not being over-taken as much as i was. i should try a super-sprint. Keep me posted about the next one while the Ceilca is registered

Thanks again Geoff for oganising the event, it was an awesome day at the track.

I think we should encourage a larger force from the Celica club to next years 6hr as its definitely a team focus'd event and cheap fun

Return to “Other Events”