[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1065: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5282: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5282: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
Toyota Nationals - Easter 2016 - Dubbo NSW - Classic Celica Club of South Australia Forum

Toyota Nationals - Easter 2016 - Dubbo NSW

Upcoming club and related events.

Are you going?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:19 am

Annual leave arranged, hotel is booked. Im going!!! :D
60%
99% sure I am!! :nod:
20%
Would really like to, but unsure so far. :S
10%
Need more info... :?
No votes
Nope ;(
10%

Total votes: 10

MWP

Toyota Nationals - Easter 2016 - Dubbo NSW

Postby MWP » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:19 am

Next year is the 40th anniversary of the Toyota Nationals.
http://www.toyota-nationals.org.au/

Around easter every year for many years now, we always say something like 'next year we'll make the trip to the Toyota Nationals!'... but we never have.
For the 40th anniversary, we have to go! :D

The Toyota Nationals are held in Dubbo NSW, which is approx .
It's a long drive, and it wont be a cheap trip, so hence why we need to get things organised sooner rather than later.

I dont have too many details as yet, but i've been told people generally start to arrive on Easter Fri, and leave Easter Monday.
For us that probably means leaving on Thursday morning, and getting back on Tuesday night.

The majority of people going to the nationals stay at the .
The Matilda pretty much completely reserves the place for Nationals attendees.
If you want to book a room to stay there, make sure you tell them you are there for the Toyota Nationals, otherwise they might not give you a room!

I'll update this as i get more details about what happens at the Nationals... what events they run, schedules, etc.

[edit]
The Matilda is apparently already around 50% booked out!
There are plenty of other places to stay in the area, but the Matilda is the best place to be.
Mark.
Daily: Toyota RAV4 ACA22R
Project: ,
Previous: Camry VZV21R, , Corona RT104
Treasurer of the .

HKS7MGT
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Toyota Nationals - Easter 2016 - Dubbo NSW

Postby HKS7MGT » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:01 pm

so this is next year... well i could plan for it i suppose as its been a bucket list item. Just what to bring... i'm leaning towards the crown. i'll put some thought into this.

thanks for the heads up

I'm getting excited so i decided to list all the KNOWN forum members who are confirmed as booked so we can all share in the experience together.

Forum Name - Car your taking

HKS7MGT - Crown MS55
MWP - Celica 1UZ
SWAN (MR and MRS) - Celica RA35
Damian - Celica RA23
Kierin - Celica RA40
Bexs - Celica ZZT
Marcus - Celica RA40
MattRA25 - Celica RA25
Hoey - FT86

If I've missed anyone or the information is incorrect, let me know.

MWP

Postby MWP » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:03 pm

Its a long drive, so whatever you do take needs to be reliable.
You should get the TA22 reliable though (if its not now?).
They should run a Motorkhana competition like they have previous years... the Crown wouldnt like that too much :P

There was talk at the last meeting about sharing the cost of hiring a truck that could carry at least one car.
That way we would have options if any broke down along the way.
Mark.
Treasurer of the .

MWP

Postby MWP » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:04 pm

Rob Hoey / Kollene have booked a hotel room :D
So thats two people definitely going.
Mark.
Treasurer of the .

HKS7MGT
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby HKS7MGT » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:33 pm

So do you have to run the motorkhana? i what is that interstate show where all the pretty cars go to?

The Celica is by far more reliable as its been proven, but the crown would be a better option for interstate travel for comfort and saving the ears. its just not proven yet.

truck option is interesting

MWP

Postby MWP » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:38 pm

Mark.
Treasurer of the .

HKS7MGT

Postby HKS7MGT » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:19 am

Show and shine and drag racing seems like it'll be better suited for the celica i suppose, but the 4.7s might not like the long drive though... i'll put some thought into it.

matt RA 25

Postby matt RA 25 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:40 am

Sounds good, Im up for it. overnight stop somewhere ? or drive straight through ?
RA 25 ST
RN 20
KUN 26 R
GSE 20 R

bexs

Postby bexs » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:19 am

Would love to go but we can't plan that far ahead lol. Would have to take my car as I think the Ra 40 wouldn't make it
Gen 7 Celica

MWP

Postby MWP » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:21 pm

Mark.
Treasurer of the .

damian

Postby damian » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:12 pm

pfft. one day. 13hrs. easy. leave at 6. get there at 10, and that's 14hrs to allow for stops to stretch the legs/take photos.
that way don't need thursday off.
drive back monday would be a bitch... maybe that's the 2 dayer, with tuesday off work.

I guess I'm taking a Celica...
Street RA-23
Track TA-23

MarcusEstevez

Postby MarcusEstevez » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:23 pm

I might try go to this, We'll see how I got getting NooB ready for a big drive like that.
Current project: RA40 Celica Coupe GT replica - 18RGTE Powered
-
Some people say 'How can you live without knowing?' I do not know what they mean, I always live without knowing, that is easy... How you get to know is what I wanna know. You know?

HKS7MGT

Postby HKS7MGT » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:56 pm

Just fill-er-up and she'll be right cobber. lol Do a couple of driving simulations up and down the drive way and then go for it.

If the car drives every day at the moment and there are no outstanding service items required, it should be fine. If you're unsure, give the car to a professional mechanic and they'll be extra picky on the hoist. Perhaps go over the car and tighten bolts and check that everything works (like lights and fans) and other parts are in service (like oil, bushes, rotors, tires, etc). Start from one end and work your way to the other. Work out what spares you can bring and perhaps we could all share the load with tools and consumables so we're not doubling or tripling up on gear.

I'm still uming and arring about what i should take. the Celica is not pleasing to the eye and that alone is making me look at bringing the crown. i'll be happy to check things out and have a good time. but the Celica at full song is tempting...

MarcusEstevez

Postby MarcusEstevez » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:11 pm

Well my car needs the suspension sorted out first, Bushes, New shocks, etc... Also need to rebuild the bottom end, Blows blue smoke. If I go I can bring my toolbox, Along with my pea shooter muffler so I don't go mad from the loudness :P

If you brought the crown you can fit more tools and spares in it ;)
Current project: RA40 Celica Coupe GT replica - 18RGTE Powered
-
Some people say 'How can you live without knowing?' I do not know what they mean, I always live without knowing, that is easy... How you get to know is what I wanna know. You know?

HKS7MGT

Postby HKS7MGT » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:49 am

i spoke to the misses and just booked a room. i'm committed!

i just need to find out how to enter the event and work out what car to bring. i'm leaning towards the Celica again as everything under the car is new and would (should) make the journey there and back better than the chances of the crown doing so. the crown should but it hasn't been driving much in its life and a huge road trip will only stress the old girl out.

Regarding accommodation, i got the last queen and single room.

Return to “Club Cruises and Events”